Friday, September 17, 2010
My Favorite Part
A couple of days before we left for San Fran I saw that Wicked was playing at the Orpheum Theater there. I have been wanting to see it for a long time. I proceeded to look up tickets, but it was all sold out except for a couple of $200 seats. I did however see that there is something called the ticket lottery. This is how it works: You show up 2 hours before the show and put your name in a raffle. If you get called you can buy 2 tickets then and there, with cash, for $25. Well, these tickets were less than any of the others, and my last hope. So, I convinced everyone to walk down to the theater and put our names in the raffle. I was hoping and praying that one of us would get drawn so I could go see the show. Turns out there was about 200 people entering and only 10 or so get called. Overall, our chances weren't that great. When they started calling names I was praying someone would get called. When they got through 6 or so names, I had basically given up hope. I figured it was a good experience, and at least we tried. Next thing I know, I hear MALLORY GREEN called out. I started screaming at the top of my lungs! I was SOO excited! It was definitely a miracle that not only someone from our group got called, but it was me!
Although we were slightly under dressed for the performance Kendall and I enjoyed front row tickets! We were slightly off to the side, so at times our view was limited, but the show was amazing. The costumes, actors, everything was incredible. Kendall even liked it.
My favorite song was "For Good", and "popular". Kendall's favorite part was when they held up the green rubber baby.
Berit was going to go to the show with me, but since she had already seen it twice Ken got to go.
They even gave me this great pin to wear. Everyone who saw it was so jealous! It was so much fun to go to the show, and even sweeter because I won the tickets! I will never forget it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Awesome.
So cool, I am jealous!
That is a great story... it was meant to be:)
So very glad you won the lottery and had the chance to see Wicked!
We saw it a couple of years ago and loved it, too. Popular was one of my favorites also--- cute and funny song. You're just such a lucky girl, Mal!
I am so glas you got to see it. It is a great show.
Ken is so weird.. of course he loved the green baby!
You are a very Lucky Duck! I'm so glad you finally got to see Wicked. It looks like your entire weekend was a ton of fun!
how fun! i've heard its a great show and I'm so excited that you won the tickets! Love ya.
That is so great that you got to go and even better that you got your tickets in the lottery. Kendall would like the green baby.
Post a Comment