Thursday, July 8, 2010

Surf

A few weeks ago Kathleen and I went to work with Wendell. We laid out at the pool and enjoyed the sun until Kendall came to join us after work. Then we went surfing. Kendall has been wanting to teach me for some time now. It was really scary at first, then kind of fun, then really scary again. I am not a huge fan of waves, considering how powerful they are, but Kendall convinced me to get in. He said I would be ok because the board I was using was basically the size of a boat. I actually managed to catch a couple of waves and stand up, breifly. That was the fun part. Then things started to go downhill. My boat/board is a little hard to turn quickly, so I got caught in a few waves and pushed under. I wacked Kendall in the back of the head in the process to. Turns out I had a slight panic attack and wanted to head in. It was a good experience, but not likely to happen again soon.

Kathleeny at Wendell's hotel. I didnt manage to get any surfing pictures.

Kathleen's leg and my foot. We both got surf injuries on the reef. Sorry the picture is bad. My foot got cut up, and her knee (is full of hydrogen peroxide).

After the surfing we watched to fireworks on the beach then drove around for about 45 minutes trying to find restaurant that was only a few blocks away. Luckily we found it because its one of my favorites and Kendall has been wanting to try it. Buffalo Wild Wings! Everyone loved it.

Fireworks

BWW

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

first, buffalo wild wings? you are a loser.

also, how are you not that tan?! you don't even have a job, you could lay out all day.

last, the other day burke said, "when are ken and mal coming back, i miss those guys!"

mallory said...

Chelsea. BWW is good, Im not saying its gourmet or anything.

2. Its been raining, a lot. It hinders tanning

3. We miss him too

Sondra said...

Kathleen's leg looks really weird in that picture.

Kathleen said...

your leg would look weird too if you got an intense injury due to reef and surf.