Friday, March 20, 2009

A sexy new car!

Well Kendall's wishes have finally come true. Those of you who know him well understand that from the minute paying off the 4runner was in sight he wanted a new car. Needless to say he has been putting in countless hours on KSL, finding the best car for us and the best deal. At first we were looking at this Volvo, Ken even went to test drive it...he said it was really fast, but it did break down on the test drive so we thought it probably wasnt the best car for us. Then his hunt was on again...and he found it. The Mazda Protege 5. A sexy little hatch back, she is pretty sporty and fun. Kendall loved it and i liked her too. So we decided to get her. The only problem is she is a stick shift!! I get really nervous every time I drive it, but i had to learn quick because Kendall is in Moab this weekend and I had to get to school! I have only stalled her a few times, but i did drive her in a high traffic situation today and I did pretty good. I am feeling fairly proud. Now all thats left is to name this little suds... the old owner named her maggie, but i am not really feeling that. So everyone take a good look at these pictures and get your creative juices flowing. Tell me what you think is a good name and I will make the final decision. Its like a little contest...Good Luck! (p.s. just to clarify, there is no prize, only the sweet satisfaction of knowing you named her)


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! It's so exciting to get a new car. I'm glad you learned to drive stick. It's a handy talent to have. I don't think your mom ever learned even though your dad drove one for many years.

Nancy

Adam and Brittany said...

Love the car! It looks very sporty. By the way, the scarf you wore to the BBQ tonight was very cute. It was fun hanging out with you guys.

Sondra said...

How about Saucey? There's more where that came from.

Janna said...

i have much practice in names because of the baby name game.

what about olive?

you won't ever be able to use it on your child, a car is the next best thing right?

Chelsea said...

Matilda.

Mindy said...

Mal, that car is really cute! I'll bet you look adorable drving that little thing around. Hmmm... I'll say Betsy.

Chelsea said...

... or stephanrica

im bored, can you tell

Lexie said...

Le-a. Pronounced (La DASH a) the dash is not silent. my friend erin met a girl named that and it is a priceless gem. you are lucky I am even telling you.

Unknown said...

Is it too late to get in on the car naming? I asked Neill and he immediately said "Brunhilda". I say "Corrina-Corrina", though I really doubt that you remember that good old song.
And the car looks just great!

Kathleen said...

I like Xandria Von Slatchenburger. but i think the winner would have to be lex's. it is a priceless gem.

Kathleen said...

oh and mal... real women drive stick.
-kathleen