Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A sailor without a boat

Kendall made a very hard decision this weekend... he sold his precious sailboat. Kendall is definitely a sailor at heart, but has only gone sailing once this year. Now that we live in Salt Lake we dont have a place to store the boat and it just makes it more inconvenient to go sailing. It was very hard to see the hobie go. We had so many great times on the boat, and Kendall was such a great captain! He sold it to a group of three guys and it was fun but hard to see him teaching them how to rig it up, it was like he was passing it on to the next generation! So to ease his pain he told me that he was going to buy himself a skateboard. That night he went skateboarding with Burke and loved getting back to his High school days when he was a skater. He practiced his tricks all night and Burke got some sweet shots. That night Kendall came home so happy!

4 comments:

nancy said...

Sorry to hear about the boat. I can only imagine how sad Daniel would be if he had to get rid of his. I'm sure someday he will replace if with an even better one.

Jordan P said...

awww poor ken! so funny about the skateboard. remember the time he built a full on ramp in our yard?

Mindy said...

Oh that's so sad Kendall :( But glad you're boarding skills are still in tact.

Sondra said...

I'm mostly sorry about the boat because I never got to ride on it. Next time I'm there can I ride the skate board?