Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Update

Well, it was a busy end to the semester..so I havent been great about blogging. I am on a short break between Spring and Summer semesters however, so I have some time to give everyone an update.

Spring semester finished with a bang. It was a good semester but I am excited to get some new clients and classes. At the end of the semester the whole CSD (communication sciences and disorders) program had a BBQ. It was fun to see all my friends outside of clinic and as a great surprise I got a scholarship! It was exciting and I am very happy to have some money!

Here is Ashley and I at the BBQ. She is my best study buddy/ carpool buddy. We spend so much time together that its weird not to see her on break. Anyway, she got the same scholarship as me. What great study buddies!


Here is Ash and Me with Meg and Ellen, some of our other great grad friends. I need to get some more photos of all my grad friends. We spend SO much time together that its weird that I dont have any pics.

In other great news...I also found out that I got an externship at the University of Utah Hospital. It is a great facility and I am so excited to get an externship in a medical setting! I will also be trying to get one in a school.

Kendall has had an eventful couple of months also. He went to Moab with his friend quinn and they had a great time...that is until the drive home. They were in the middle of nowhere when all the sudden the trailer they were towing fell off the car. It rolled down the freeway and totaled their motorcycles and the trailer. They ended up having to leave the bikes on the side of the road all night. Kendall and I had to drive back down the next morning to go pick them up with his cousins trailer. Luckily Kendall got some money back from the insurance so he has been motorcycle shopping non-stop.

Ken has also had some developments with his job. Long story short he is being hired on full time with the company (at first he was hired through a temp agency) and we are waiting to see what he will be getting paid. Everyone pray he gets a massive raise!

Other than these exciting things our lives have been pretty much same old same old. Other than our new obsession with frozen yogurt. The best place opened up in Highland called Orange Leaf. Here is a picture of use at frogurt...definitely not as good. Anyway, Ill try to update more often!


5 comments:

Lexie said...

Try Yogurtland in Provo, best froyo in Utah, I am convinced.

Jordan P said...

thanks for the update! what exciting things! Congrats on the scholarship- that's awesome. Sounds like everything is going swell and we miss you guys.

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

What are you studying? Congrats on the scholarship! So exciting!

Ashley Sloan

Sondra said...

Congratulations!! I am so,so happy for you that you received a scholarship and that you got an externship. You are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the scholarship and Kendall's new job. You two have been doing so well with your lives under difficult circumstances. You always are moving forward. I'm proud of you both! And thanks for the blogging. This post was all news to me and I love hearing about you all. xoxoxo