Friday, July 23, 2010

Padre

Luckily my padre came to Hawaii on business again, so I was able to see him since we both happen to be here. Most nights we just hung out and ate ice cream, but one night we went to see the Arizona Memorial...kind of. We got there 15 minutes before it closed, so we mostly just saw it from afar. I got some good pics though.

Me and Dad with the memorial behind us.

Kendall, me, USS Arizona anchor

Kendall and me impersonating a rainbow

Dad and Kenny with a giant ship behind them

A sweet 3D island map

We had fun at the memorial. Dad told us some great stories about Grandpa Carl in the War and his Uncle Eddy. Kendall had a few good ones to share about his Grandpa Kendall too! I was glad we went and that I was able to see my padre!

3 comments:

nancy said...

I am so glad you posted the picture of the map. I have always wanted to see that up close.

Sondra said...

I love the rainbow.

maines said...

Hey Mal! Looks like your having fun in Hawaii. Your hair is so long! It looks great and so do you. I do expect to see a little more tan though by the time you get back. ;)
P.S. I hate Meryll Streep. Sorry Collette.