Thursday, March 4, 2010

Birthdays were the worst days, now we sip champagne when we're thirsty

Last weekend was birthday weekend. We had a ton of fun. Friday was Kendall's big day. He is 27 now!! Happy Birthday love! For his birthday he decided to go snowmobiling with his friends while I was at school. When he got home we went out to dinner with his family. We ended up going to tepanyaki. It was really fun and Kendall had never been there before.
On Saturday we celebrated my birthday. We went out to eat at CPK with all our friends, which basically means family, quinn, and a few others. Chelsea, Lex and Kathleen all got me gifts. Chelsea's gift was awesome, we are going to see Legally Blonde on broadway. I am so excited. Lexie got me candy and a necklace and from Kathleen some new lotion. Overall the evening was really fun. Afterward we went for ice cream at sub zero. Great times.
Some of you may not know that Saturday is also Max (my little brother) and Laurie (my mother in law) 's birthdays! So on Sunday we made dinner for Kendall's mom. Usually she makes Sunday dinner, so this was a little change. We made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, and bacon corn. Yum. Kendall's parents gave him a new tool box and I got a gift card to the mall.
Thanks so much for the gifts everyone! It was a great birthday.

7 comments:

rachel v. said...

happy birthday to you both!

Mindy said...

What the heck do you mean "now we sip champagne" ? Is that from a song or something. Mal, could you try to keep it a bit more literal for me, I get confused. I'm very glad you had fun though and Happy Birthday to Laurie. I didn't know she and Max were both the 27th.

mallory said...

mom, its from a notorious BIG rap song...I am surprised you didnt know.

Ainsley said...

happy birthday!!!

what is it with mom's not knowing good rap lyrics... haha.

Sondra said...

Happy Birthday to all of you! I'm glad you had fun!

GG said...

You have no idea how much I appreciate your blog entries. It's one of my few connections with my family via the computer. I love the photos and the news. I really hope you two are going to intern somewhere nearby this summer. I would love having you here. xoxoxox

Mom said...

Oh yeah, I definitely should have known that. I'm slipping.