Needless to say it wasnt really worth going, it was about an hour drive and we only stayed for about 30 minutes. Maybe we will try again this summer.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Miller Motor Sports
Ever since Kendall was a boy he has loved race cars. He even told me his dream job is being a race car driver. I think the idea is somewhat tacky, but whatever floats your boat right. Well, on the way home from GA Kendall bought himself a magazine with an article about Miller Motor Sports park here in Tooele (pronounced to-ill-a). He has been pretty excited about heading up there ever since, and really wants to take the racecar training class. Thats not going to happen, its 4,000 bucks. Anyway, he thought I would be pretty excited about it too because the article interviewed Patrick Demsey about how great he thinks it is. Even though I dont really care what Patrick does in his free time I did agree to go there with Kendall on friday and see a race.
Here is all the cars lined up. It was a race that anyone could enter so it wasnt too great. And it was too icy for any of the cars to really even go fast.
This was my favorite car, the old Corvette. I like it cause it looks like a barbie car. It kind of sucked though, got stuck before it even got out of the gate.
Here we are in the freezing cold watching.
As you can see we were the only spectators. And then I got cold and when to sit in the car so it was down to just Ken
This is a great car that we saw on the way out.
Needless to say it wasnt really worth going, it was about an hour drive and we only stayed for about 30 minutes. Maybe we will try again this summer.
Needless to say it wasnt really worth going, it was about an hour drive and we only stayed for about 30 minutes. Maybe we will try again this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Someone was racing a 15 passenger van? interesting.
I have actually researched those race car driving classes for your Dad. It would be his dream mcome true to take one. But that sure seems like a lot of money to pay just to drive fast! I hope they both get to do it someday.
did you know that you can go there and rent really awesome cars and race them. like porches and ferraris and stuff. burke is dying to do that. we could send the men together.
Bless you for being such a supportive person, I would have told Ken heck no.
trying new things is overrated... talk about a waste! in that 2 1/2 hours you could have watched 5 shows on TV, or 2.5 hour long reality shows. :)
Post a Comment