Thursday, January 14, 2010

Little Britt




My sweet darling little Britt has decided to leave me to go and serve the Lord. At first I was not excited about it...at all. In fact I tried for many weeks to talk her out of it. I went so far as to threaten death of a family member so that she wouldn't leave me. None of it worked, which is probably for the better actually. When we dropped her off at the MTC it was so sad, there were tears, but to see the look on her face of how happy she was to be there. I know it was the right thing for her to do. I will miss her a lot, but I am so proud of her! Keep her in your prayers and may the dirty love little Britt as much as I do!

4 comments:

nancy said...

That makes me sad for you. She will do a great job. Just remember to do your job and send lots of letters.

Chelsea said...

sad. do you have her mtc address?

Mom said...

Man,this post is killing me. Wait until Ali reads it! The great thing is knowing how wonderful Britt will be on her mission. Can you think of anyone that would be a more loving and sincere teacher than her? I can't. She's the best. You have always been so blessed to have her in your life.

Alison said...

The proof is in her letters. She is doing amazing already! I missed her so much for the first few days and hated the MTC drop off but I am so happy for her and those whose lives she will touch. Thanks Mal for being a devoted and loving friend and Mindy for loving her like another mom. Thanks for your continued love and support of our little Britty!