Monday, September 28, 2009

State Fair

I cant believe it has already been a year since we last went to the state fair! Alas it has and we were psyched to go again this year. Jordan, Patrick, Quinn, Clay, Ken, and I all went up last Saturday after camping a Yuba Lake. We of course hit up all the normal state fair things like the amazing butter sculpture, animal show (this year it was bears), food (corn dog most important off all), and just walking around enjoying the festivities.


The bear show was amazing. Here we all pretending to be bears while we waited for them to come out.

Here is Kendall and I waiting for the Bears, as you can see we had amazing seats, right up next to the fence.
This bear looked right at me before he got up and rode a scooter around, that was sweet, but of course i missed getting a photo of it.
I did get him balancing on this ball though.


Some things that were slightly different then last year are that we saw a huge shark tank, the tiniest horse in the world a woman with a snake body and the smallest lady in the world. We didnt actually see all of them, but at least one of us would go in to see if it was worth it. The snake lady was fake and the horse was just a little shetlan pony but the woman was real. Jordan and Pat went to look at her and they said it was really awkward and they felt bad for her. Her name was Lena. We also stopped at the animal house where they had hides and stuff, here I am as a mountain goat or something. Ken refused to have his pic taken in this thing, but i loved it.

Anyhoo, we also tried to go to the tractor pull again, but much to Kendall's dismay it had been that afternoon and we missed it. So, we stopped at the hypnotist show on our way out, and saw a dancing robot. Overall it was a great time at the fair.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i am sure that nothing can top the mn state fair but i am so glad that you went to yours...and so glad to be on your blog list:)

Kathleen said...

i really love that picture of you.

Sondra said...

Hooty hoo! I don't know why Ken didn't want to take a picture as a goat!

nancy said...

Can you believe our family has never been to the Texas state fair. I need to go and get some good food.

Mom said...

Oh Mal, you even look cute as a goat. I love you!