Monday, June 29, 2009

What is this world coming to?

First Ed McMahon, then Ferra, then MJ and now the worst tragedy of all...Billy Mays has passed on. His wife found his body yesterday, autopsys revealed he died of heart disease. I cant believe the rep for orange glo and oxy clean has left us. What will infomercials do with out him? What will his new show Pitchmen do with out him? What will his partner Sully do without him? What will I do without him? I love infomercials and I just know they wont be the same now. RIP Billy




4 comments:

Kathleen said...

after we heard that on the news, my dad started listing all the reasons he liked billy mays.
-funny guy
-didn't take himself seriously
-yelled at you through the tv (made the infomercial more interesting)
-funny on espn commentary

nancy said...

you forgot one of his best products, The Slider Maker. Adam has wanted one ever since he saw the comercial. I may have to get one in Billys memory.

At least we still have the Sham Wow guy, even though he is in jail.

B. said...

This tribute to Billy is top notch. He probably wore his heart out from the intense blood pressure, because heaven knows all that yelling can't be good for the heart. I mean, he has one volume and one volume only: deafening.

Lex said...

God bless you for realizing the genius that was Billy Mays. May his heavenly home be spotless and his bed be as soft as a thousand ShamWOWs.