After 3 long months of study groups, late nights, practice tests and preparation, Kendall had his LEED AP test this saturday. Bear in mind that this test has a 30% passing rate, with the majority of those taking it being experienced architects and construction professionals. Ken was extremely nervous the night before and only got about 2 hours of sleep. He did some last minute cramming and headed to the test. Everyone was praying hard for him...and it paid off. He passed with flying colors! the lowest you can get and still pass is 170 out of 200. Ken got 190!! He even got 100% on one of the sections. We are so happy that he passed! He worked really hard and hopefully they pay off will be worth it. We are hoping this will set his career on the right path and get him some good job offers when he graduates. I am so proud of how hard he worked and how determined he was to succeed.
This weekend was a success in other ways too. We had Jordan's Bridal shower friday night. It was tons of fun and Jordan got lots of good stuff. I gave her some lingerie with berit and I also got her a gift card to her salon. She also got dishes and pots and pans, a great mixer and some unmentionables. :) This was also the first time since we have been dating that I drove up to Alpine without Ken. Kind of strange to think about. Then Saturday since Ken passed we went out to dinner with his family and grandma! It was so delicious. We went to CPK...thanks for dinner Al. After we headed back to Alpine to play dummy rummy...and what do you know, I won! For those of you who dont play dummy rummy, you should. Its a great game. Then there was sunday... our primary lesson was not a success this week. We only had 3 kids, but they were so roudy I wanted to kill them. Luckily when we went back to sharing time the lesson was on forgivness and letting bad feelings go so you will just be left with love. Believe it or not it was rather helpful. After church we went up to alpine again. We had lunch up the canyon with the haglunds. It was delicious and fun. Ken sat right next to grace the whole time and was joking around with her, it was cute. We ate corn on the cob, hot dogs, chips, macaroni salad and of course smores. Delicious. We just hung out the rest of the night and visited. Overall the weekend was very relaxed and enjoyable! I wish every day was a weekend!
2 comments:
Congratulations Ken! WOW We are so proud of you and have been telling our friends about how hard the test is and how you passed with flying colors. What a super accomplishment. Guess this means you'll definitely be a "Big Cheese" in your chosen field.
Yeah Ken! Congratulations! I'm sure it feels great to have studied so hard and know that you passed.
Post a Comment