Monday, June 15, 2009

This Weekend

Kendall and I had a pretty good weekend. On Friday we just hung out. We helped Brittany moved this chair that she bought at savers. I have to admit it was pretty comfy although hideously ugly. It was worth it though because she made us these really good cookies with mini peanut butter cups. Delicious. After that we went to the Brick Oven for dinner. It is awkward eating there because you feel like you are in the cougar eat, but it was delicious and the root beer is divine. After that we just came home and watched a movie. Saturday was even better. I worked in the morning while Kendall studied.

Side Note: for those of you who dont know Kendall is studying to become a LEED AP. This basically means he has to memorize this book and take a hard and expensive test to become a certified "green builder". It is actually pretty cool and a big accomplishment if he passes, and will hopefully bring in some great job offers when he graduates. His test is the 26th, less then 2 weeks, so please pray for him to pass!!

Anyway, after work we decided to go on a hike, but I looked outside only to find an incredible rain storm. There was so much water it was insane. So, we decided to drive down to Utah lake and see what the water and winds were like. It was pretty choppy. Needless to say our hike didnt work out. Instead we decided to go up to IKEA. Kendall has been wanting some bamboo really bad and I was looking for a shower curtain and sheets.



The only thing we got was the bamboo of course. On our way out though we found this section in the "As Is" section that had finished wood. We got some...more on that later. After Ikea we went to the Mayan for dinner. It was really fun. A combination of the Rain Forest cafe and the Indiana Jones ride. They have this cool show with a fire girl and a bunch of divers who jump from the rock face and down into this pool. We were on the fourth floor so we couldnt see it too well, but we were able to find a good spot to see. The show was cool and the food was good too. Although there was tons of it. Next time we will definately split something.

Here we are waiting to be seated.

This is oustide with the giant snake.

I told Ken to make a Mayan face...this is what he came up with.

Sunday was pretty standard, except that there was a sleeping bat 0n the ceiling in the chapel. It didnt move or fly or anything though, slightly disappointing. Then we taught our primary class. Easton was crazy as always. He is this really large kid whos head is the shape of a basketball, and the same color as well. He was very hiper this week and kept kicking Ken. It was out of control. This one girl in our class had her last week this week. Her name is Sara, she has no social skills and is home schooled, but she is a nice girl and really smart. We tried to say goodbye to her after primary, but she was too busy getting candy from the chorister. After church we did something with the Ikea wood i know you have been wondering about.


We made bedside tables!! They are kind of cool. I helped do everything, even though Ken did most of the work. We figured it was ok for sunday since it was a family project. I sanded all the legs while Ken figured out how to put it all together and attached everything. They turned out pretty good, and are very functional considering we had everything like books, tissues, clock radios and cell phones on the floor next to the bed until now! I am really excited about them. Well that pretty much wraps up my weekend. How was yours?

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

wow. that was quite the weekend roundup. sorry burke and i were unavailable for all of these activities. burke is out of town thought, so feel free to come and visit me at any time. i will just be sitting on my couch.

Sondra said...

I am proud to say that I do know what a LEED AP is. Wendell's half-sister's husband is one. He does very well and is in great demand. Very cool. Oh, and nice bamboo too.

B. said...

In regards to the chair: I see that you're willing to stab me in the back (blog-style), but can't even say it to my face. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

I'll still pray for Ken because I love you. But I don't have to like you right now.

Lexie Lee said...

Excellent work, I feel like I was there with you. And you will take me to that Mayan place. Thats a demand.

kayla said...

Hey Mal Arizona is fun, really hot though. I don't have a job yet but am looking for one. I think I'm going to be able to go to ASU the only issue is that it is 5000 for only two classes crazy huh?... so we are debating wether it would be worth it to fly up every week. Sounds like provo is the same. I have to say I loved your puzzle sandwich post haha, miss you girl hope you having a fun summer.

Chuck said...

I love the night stands. Nice job of re-purposing some materials. Very green of you and Kendall.
Dad