Thursday, October 2, 2008

An Adventure

A few weekends ago Kendall and I went down to Zions for the weekend. We (when i say we, I mean Kendall) thought it would be a relaxing little trip for the weekend. So, we packed up all our stuff, made some great tin-foil dinners, and headed out. By the time we arrived it was around 10, so we found a nice little camp site and started to unpack. We got the tarp laid out, but it was very windy so Kendall asked me to grab the sleeping backs to help hold down the tarp while he set up the air mattress. (Side note, the air mattress is amazing. It is the only reason I ever agree to go camping. If you dont have one, you need to get one. It is the best 30 dollars we ever spent). So, i go to the back of the car open the trunk and dont see the sleeping bags. When I ask Kendall where they are he just groaned and replied, in the closet AT HOME. It was actually quite a funny though unfortunate situation. Luckily Kendall had his summer bag and a few blankets so we were able to make due in the back of the 4runner as pictured below.
The next day we woke up, had a lovely breakfast of bananas and oatmeal and headed into Zion's National Park. We hiked around "the windows" for awhile. They were huge, and pretty cool.
If you look closely you can barely see the window behind my head.
Here i am up on the ledge in the South Window. ( I think)
Here we are together at the same arch. We are actually pretty high up, even though you cant tell.
I was just sunbathing and there was a huge rock slide. Luckily I am strong enough and had the presence of mind to stop this boulder from crushing me to bits.

Here is a far away picture of the Windows. It makes it easier to see just how big they are.
If you look closely you will find Kendall in this picture. Its like wheres waldo.
Here is a picture of the famous delicate arch.
I wish you could tell what a huge cliff we were standing on in this picture. We went on a trail called top of the world. It took us 2 hours to drive up 9 miles to see this. It was the worst trail ever but quite an amazing view from the top.
Here is Kendall showing of the cliff.

We had a great time in Moab, our first mini-vacation as a married couple. It was right up Kendall's alley. I however do not plan on going back anytime soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mal,
This is scary. Lots of your blogs are about camping. I'm getting a bit concerned, but I still love you.

maines said...

How did we not know about this blog? I'm glad Al and Lauri finally let us in on the big secret. I have to say that I enjoy seeing Kendall with you as his blogging partner rather than Landon.... though I do love me some Two Kendalls. Look like you guys are having fun and loving the married life. I love that you took a picture of your first day of school outfit. I will have to check back often to see what other adventures Kendall can talk you into going on! :)
-Shalaine