Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gourmet Camping

We also went camping with Kendall's family a few weekends ago. I like to call in gourmet camping because of the wonderful food Kendall's mom prepared. We had chicken and beef skewers, mashed potatoes and root beer for dinner. Then breakfast the next morning was even better. Alan made pancakes, eggs, bacon and fresh fruit. It was the most relaxing and delicious camping ever.
Here is a picture of Kendall and his dad working on the fire. Laurel and I watched and cheered them on.
I told Kendall I would carry him on my back for 3 years so i could get stronger and he could rest. It only lasted about 30 seconds but he still seemed happy about it.
Berit invited some of her friends to come camp too. They were climbing up this rock wall like idiots and one of them fell in the river on the way down. Serves them right.
Kendall bought me a sweet headlamp before we went. It glows red or normal and you can adjust the intensity. I loved it...Al loved his too.
This is a picture at the top of the Alpine loop on the way home. What a pretty drive.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Mallory! Marshall said you guys had a blog, but couldn't remember the url. Leave it to me to do some serious blog hoppin' and I found it! Anyway, looks like you guys have had some fun camp-outs. Marshall is trying to get me to go to Moab at the end of this month. I guess Kendall is going to. Are you going?? So if you want to check out my blog email me at melissahaglund at gmail dot com and i'll send you an invite.