Kendall and I have spent the last couple of weekends camping due to the end of summer and thus the end of warm weather. This particular trip was a little scary. We were way up in the mountains along some back country trail. We drove up past the spot where we got engaged and then down the other side. The road was a little bumpy and i felt like we were in the middle of nowhere (although Kendall said he had been there on his motorcycle), but we finally reached the bottom and a little streamlet. I was finally started to feel a little more comfortable until we came around the corner and saw a huge moose in the middle of the stream. He or she, we werent sure which because we dont know if moose shed their antlers, was only about 20 feet away. I was so scared but she ran off in the other direction. This was not the end of her however, we ran into her about 3 more times and tried to get some good pictures. In the end she ran right past us and up into the mountains. The encounter left me a little frightened to camp but the amazing tin foil dinners we had made up for it.

Here is the mooses bum

This is right before she ran out of the stream and right past the car. She was frighteningly close.

Here is our perfect campfire oven. You can see our little tin foils dinners roasting away in there. Oh, they were SO good. Onion, green, red and yellow bell peppers, carrots, potatoes, and best of all cheddarwurst ( i am not sure how to spell that). So much better then the normal foil dinners with hamburger. I strongly recommend trying them.

I was also able to perfect the art of marshmellow roasting on this trip. It involves a technique that I call plumping. Very effective.

Kendall also brought his hammock. He got it as a wedding present from his mission companion Adam Barr, much to his delight. He strung it between the car and a tree and had a nice little swing.
1 comment:
Okay... on one of the pictures of the huge-A moose did you do red-eye correction??? Its the one where its in the stream and its eyes look like white laser beams. Just curious.
Post a Comment