Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Adventuring
On Saturday we had an adventure day. We went on this really cool hike (dont be too shocked to see me type that). It was called maunawili (m- on- a- willy) and takes you up through the jungle to this really cool waterfall. Kathleen was our tour guide. The hike up was really pretty, and even though the water was cold, it felt so good once we got up there. We swam across the little pool and up the rocks to the waterfall. Kendall and Kathleen made it up fine, but I slipped on some moss and slid about halfway back down. I banged up my elbow pretty bad, but I was ok. We watched people jump from WAY high up and then we jumped too, from much lower. Kathleen had to talk me into it for about 10 minutes while all these people were watching. I am not really one for jumping off stuff. It was fun though. The hike was over on the east side of the Island, which is BEAUTIFUL. It is what you picture when you think of Hawaii. Wish you all could be with us!
Kendall and I in the jungle.
Now Kathleeny and I
Another jungle shot. Kendall was over pictures at this point, but he was being a good sport.
Here is the waterfall. We didnt get any photos of us on it, but as you can see its a popular spot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm glad you're having fun. Kathleen is a good tour guide isn't she? By the way, you all look great, but the picture doesn't do the waterfall justice.
It looks like lost. I wish I was there with you.
That is gorgeous I wish we were there with you too. I'm excited to hopefully see you in Utah when you get back. I wish I was in the masters program with you that would be tons of fun.
I am so glad you are doing so many fun things. You will always remember this summer.
I have a nephew living on Oahu with two sail boats. (I will send you a contact.) He lives on one with his cat and sails the other one. Meeting him might be your most interesting Island experience. I think that car might have been his at one time. xoxoxo
So great to live our summer (not so) fun vicariously through you two. Can't blame Kendall for the sailing comments. Who wouldn't want to be on that boat! Sorry to say Mal, Helga will be his new love and obsession. There goes all your beach time! Thanks for taking the time to share all this with us. We love and miss you!
Oh those pictures are amazing! What a gorgeous place! So don't feel bad about your baby dream- I'm not pregnant and will not allow myself to have a baby in Asia, but I give you full permission in Hawaii :)
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment