Monday, September 21, 2009

Epic






Last weekend Kendall and I were sitting on the couch on Saturday afternoon trying to decide what to do. He wanted to drive down to Moab and camp or sail while I wanted to go shopping and to the movies. This is our struggle every weekend. So, Kendall decides that we should play a game where we think of something the other person would like to do. I thought that he would like to drive out to the sand dunes and have a bonfire. He thought i would like to have a Harry Potter movie marathon. We both loved each others ideas but we still couldnt agree on something to do. In the end we decided we would switch off weekends that we got to plan the activities. This weekend was Kendall's and I have to say it was really fun. We drove down to this place called Yuba Lake. It is about 1 hour south of here. It is in the middle of nowhere, but you can pull right on to the sand and camp on the beach. We brought Jordan and Patrick with us. We also brought the sailboat. When we got there we (meaning Kendall and Patrick) made a bonfire and started to roast our delicious tinfoil dinners. They were especially delicious this time because we added mushrooms! Then quinn came to join us. It was tons of fun roasting marshmellows, listening to the water, talking about scary stuff like skin walkers, and looking at the stars. They were so pretty out there it was amazing. Kendall's favorite part was how windy it was. Every few minutes he would say "lets set up the boat and do a night sail". Unfortunately for him he had to wait till morning, but he was up first thing getting that boat together. I went out for awhile and so did quinn, but when it started to get REALLY windy Ken took that thing out on his own. He was hiking out and going really fast. He almost tipped a couple times but ended up doing good. After breakfast of donuts and oatmeal we backed up and headed home. The only snag was a broken wheel barring on the trailor but we still made it back ok so I have to say it was a successful trip to Yuba.

6 comments:

nancy said...

That first picture is beatuiful.

B. said...

Wish I could've gone with you suds.

P.S. Its Yuba Lake.

Love you.

Kathleen said...

when do i get to go sailing?

Sondra said...

You guys do really fun stuff. When you and Kendall come visit us be sure and bring the boat.

Mom said...

Did you take a close up with the sail boat like I asked you to? Hmmm?

QAE said...

great pics. how did you find such a photographer. i look all over and it is sooooo hard to find a good amateur photographer. i heard there were some photos of kendall taking a swim with a life jacket in hand doing who knows what...