Friday, September 11, 2009
Almost a complete disaster
Ok peeps, I LOVE going to the salon and getting my hair done. There is nothing more a girl can do to feel good about herself then go get a fresh highlight and trim...until she gets up to the register. I am telling you right now that I know hair should be a priority, but when you are a newly married college student and funds are slim, you start to rethink how often you get these things done. You try to go with a more natural color to add more time between salon visits and if you are me you even consider dyeing your own hair. Yes people, i hear the gasps, but i had a moment of weakness. I even went so far as to go down the hair color aisle at my local walgreens and begin to pick a color with my bff britt. She wasnt much help though, she kept saying things like, "I am not the one to ask, I am scared of this stuff" (due to a bad experience of her own involving self coloring and a rotten banana, ask her about it). When i called lexie and told her what i was considering her response was, "I dont know, but i want to be there if you do this". Finally I called my mother, which is what I should have done in the first place, and she immediately said DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. She explained that my hair would turn out a hideous orange red shade and it is never ever a good idea to use a box color. Luckily the woman saved me from a fate nearly worse than death, bad hair. Anyway, i guess I will just have to start saving my pennies for the next salon visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm pretty sure your mom dyed her own hair for years. I do my own and it looks pretty much the same color as my sisters. Is there something that someone isn't telling me?
Lol. your mom. I can almost hear her. :)
Don't get me wrong the salon is the best way to go but a box isn't always bad. I have only used the box kind and it's pretty good. If you can afford it keep going to the salon but don't stop eating. Plus your hair grows like a weed. It would be gone really fast.
Do not listen to my sisters!! I repeat, the box is not the way for you! Ask Chelsea. We did the box thing on her once and then I kept her home from school the next day, took her to the salon and paid a small fortune to have it fixed (by fixed I mean having the red removed). Just before I came to Utah I went to the salon and Joey decided to add some new low lights since we are entering the fall season. I was very trusting (because its Joey) but I got a little unhappy surprise when I realized the low lights were of the red variety. Not good. After about 3 days of washing my hair 3 times a day and avoiding mirrors and yes, even losing a little sleep because I let hair color bother me that much, I called Joey and made an appt. to have the red removed the day before Lexie and I came to Utah. Unfortunately, Joey got sick and had to cancel all appts for that day so I arrived in Utah a red head. (Sort of) Therefore, my hair color did look a lot like Sondra's, because she is a redhead! Nancy's has always taken color in a different way than mine (or yours, I bet) the box does keep her pretty blonde. And yes, I did do mine myself for years and when I look back at old pictures I always think, "Man my hair looked like crap back then." Trust me my beautiful faux BLONDE girl. Save up, you'll be glad you did.
Mom, I hear you. I just need to remind you that when chelsea's hair turned red it was not from a box, it was because she used your professional products from lisa that you use to dye your roots yourself!
Oh yeah
Personally, I still think its best to err on the side of caution. Its risky business with a box color. Never again... NEVER again.
Post a Comment