Friday, February 20, 2009

My dad would be proud

Ken and I have been getting bad gas mileage lately and Kendall thought it was because the car needed a little pick me up. So out of the kindness of my heart, I changed the oil in the 4runner this weekend. I am basically the best mechanic ever...just ask Kendall, he seemed to think I did a great job. He helped a little...but not much. I even layed down on the gross cement people! The real reason I did it is because I knew that my dear old dad Chuckles would be quite proud of me. I hope he is.

5 comments:

B. said...

Great job Mallor. If it weren't for the visible proof (in the form of a photograph), I wouldn't have believed it! Congrats, you are one step closer to your lifelong dream of becoming a car mechanic! Yahtzee!

Melissa said...

Mallory, I'm proud of you! I can't believe you changed the oil...not that I don't think you could but just that you were wanting and willing.

Mindy said...

Are you crazy!? As soon as anyone knows you can do that and do a good job at it,you'll be expected to keep it up. Sure Dad will be proud, but what about me? Have I taught you nothing?

Chuck said...

Don't listen to your Mom. Cars love those that take care of them. Your car will try really hard not to leave you stranded because now it knows you care.
I am so proud. Now, how is the tranny fluid?

Chelsea said...

Wowza. That reminded me of Mr. Kaupang and Auto for Girls. Dad recommened that I take that class. Im glad that Burke recommends JiffyLube, as I cheated my way through the entire class.